17 years of success, inside and outside the NHS
I have written about healthcare since 2000. After a range of staff roles inside and outside the NHS, I launched a freelance career in April 2012. Since then I have become a regular contributor to a range of leading specialist publications. I also write case studies, reports and white papers for a variety of organisations operating within the health and social care sectors.
I have a special interest in healthcare technology and in mental health.
- Commissioned as co-author of The Care Collapse and Care After Cure, two reports published by think tank ResPublica. The papers drew national attention from UK print and broadcast media.
- Editor of two handbooks for DigitalHealth.net, one for chief clinical information officers (CCIOs) and one for chief information officers (CIOs)
- Writer of special report for HSJ on the value of specialist nurses. The supplement has been downloaded more than 3,000 times and referenced in cancer research published in the British Medical Journal.
- A deep and multifaceted understanding of the healthcare sector, born from having worked for healthcare providers, vendors and for those reporting on the NHS
- Ability to successfully design and project manage roundtables, webinars and videos as well as traditional written content
- Considerable experience in ghostwriting material for senior health and local government figures
- Particular expertise in crafting commercially-backed editorial which is compelling to readers while meeting the needs of sponsors. This includes a good understanding of the APBI code and Zinc processes.
HSJ, Nursing Times, Nursing Standard, Commissioning journal, DigitalHealth.net
Membership organisations and think tanks including:
NHS Confederation, NHS Clinical Commissioners, ResPublica
Private clients including:
firstlight PR, KPMG, Marie Curie, Orion Health, Quealth, Strata Health